Due to heavy rain falling from Friday February 7 to Monday February 10, 2020, flooding has occurred in the Georges River catchment.
On Monday February 10, there were flood warnings for the Georges River at Liverpool, Milperra, Picnic Point and Woronora.
The Georges River at Liverpool Bridge is estimated to have peaked near 5.40 metres early on February 10 with major flooding.
The Georges River at Milperra Bridge (AHD) peaked at 5.30 metres around 03:00 am on February 10 with major flooding. River levels at Milperra peaked higher than the 1988 flood.
The Georges River at Picnic Point peaked at 2.30 metres around 07:29 am on February 10 with minor flooding.
It was estimated that The Woronora River at Woronora Bridge would reach the minor flood level (1.50 metres) on February 10 with the morning high tide.
- Click the link to view flood warnings in your area.
- In life threatening emergencies, call 000 (triple zero) immediately. If you require rescue, assistance to evacuate or other emergency help, ring NSW SES on 132 500.
- Avoid drowning. Stay out of rising water, seek refuge in the highest available place.
- Prevent damage to your vehicle. Move it under cover, away from areas likely to flood.
- Avoid being swept away. Stay out of fast-flowing creeks and storm drains.
- Never drive, ride or walk through flood water. Flood water can be deceptive and dangerous.
For more emergency information, advice, and access to the latest river heights and rainfall observations and forecasts: