Water is essential for people not only for direct use, but also to produce our food and most other goods that we use every day. Virtual water is the amount of water used in the growth and/or production of goods.
In this module, students will:
- explore how water contributes to the production of food and other goods that we use every day
- calculate how much virtual water is used in the production of a simple meal
- list the areas where water is used to sustain our everyday living
- discover why useable fresh water is a limited resource
- identify ways to conserve water